Dr. StrangeLaunch - How I Stopped Using The Start Menu & Started Loving Launchy

If you think i have gone overboard describing the new windows application "Launchy" then you are yet to experience the magic of launchy. Am I going overboard again **sheepishly smiling** :-O

Simply put Launchy indexes your start menu ( among other things which you can ask it to index ) and with a simple keyboard combination you can invoke it and start typing the application name to find the match and launch it. The default key combination is alt-space, and the default indexing directory is the start menu. For keyboard enthusiasts, this is THE thing to minimize mouse usage. What it has done to me is that i hardly use the start menu anymore.

More about it here

The customizations I have made

1. ctrl-space instead of alt-space , 'coz i use alt-space for maximizing/minimizing etc etc
2. Have created a folder containing shortcuts to the common folders I access, and have indexed it using launchy. Goodbye MyComputer.

P.S: This is just one of the many applications I have installed on my laptop to make life more simpler. Watch out for more in near future.

0 comments: