The European Sojourn

Student Exchange Program( STEP, as we call it in IIMC) means that you get to spend a full term in a foreign university. Thus I was in Belgium for the last three months in a university which i am sure you will have never heard of. Nevermind. I was not there for the university in the first place.

Travelled a lot. 12 countries to be precise. Thats like the avergae number of countries any stepper in europe travels with some people even touching 18.

So whats in store for you?

There are so many things you know about Europe, about foreigners, about foreign land ... but I believe there are so many other things you don't really know. For example, roaming around on the streets of Amsterdam you realize that a place is not just people passing by on bicycles, the trams the canals, the monuments ... its much more ... And that much more will I try to express in the posts to come through personal anecdotes, observations and plain description ... for your sake and for my sake ... so that I never forget ... so that its for keeps...

I leave you with a picture of a place called Cinque Terre in Italy on the Mediterranean Coast. Probably one of the most beautiful places I have been in Europe.
Why this to start with - probably because I sat on the rocks of the craggy coastline, and sat
still for an hour on the rocks, feeling like a traveller. Ironic you may say, but thats how I felt :)




So Long.

0 comments: